8/6/08

Cable wristwarmers

I'm really psyched about these. They are just a pattern-as-you-go type wrist warmer with 45 stitches CO on #5 dpn's with K2P2 ribbing at the top (which I haven't gotten to yet) and bottom. I put an 8 stitch cable crossed every 6 rounds on the top side. I did 7 cable crosses before the thumb and it looks like I will be doing about six before the rib stitch on the top. I'm using Moda Dea Bamboo Wool in color#3650 and I can't say too many good things about this yarn. It's really easy to work with, wouldn't dream of splitting or snagging, and it has a very subtle silver sheen to it that doesn't show in the pic, but it highlights the thick cable in a really slinky, sinuous way. I was a little worried about doing the thumb gusset, but it's just a few lifted increases and then some ribbing after you finish the rest of the hand part. This is the first one, so I've got quite a bit of knitting to do before I'm done with them, although I was really suprised how fast this one knit up. I also really like that the yarn is 85% bamboo, which is an incredibly renewable resource. I once read that bamboo grows so fast, you can actually SEE it grow. This yarn is super-soft and breathable, and since it's only 20% wool, I really doubt it will irritate my super-sensitive skin.

No comments: