8/14/08

YARNGASM!!!!!

I can't believe I have never been to The Tangled Skein before! My birthday money and I headed over to St. Peter this evening to shop there, and I was blown away by their selection. OK, I went a little (!) bit overboard, I've been on a yarn diet for almost 6 months, but this is the yarn equivalent of eating a whole chocolate cake at one sitting! I love Mary Lue's Yarn here in Mankato, but I really tire of Plymouth yarn and Filatura Di Crosa (which I can't afford most of the time) after a while. For me, driving the 13 miles to St. Peter from now on is totally worth it!

The bottom yarn is Cascade 22o in baby blue. On top of that is Classic Elite Yarn's Fresco#5375- I love the way this yarn feels, it's sooo soft but it still has alot of strength to it. I bought some Regia reinforcement yarn that kind of matches it, so I think these will become some snazzy winter socks. The pink stuff is Rowan Pure Wool DK. I don't know why I buy pink yarn- I'm not a "pink" girl by any means- maybe this time I'll actually do something with this. Note to any breeding people I know- Have a Girl!
LLH kid-Mohair in a really light blue. This is going to to be a winter hat for the Boog. The middle is Misti Alpaca and I love the color- it looks black from a distance, but up close it's a really deep, dark eggplant. Then, red Debbie Bliss Cotton Angora- This will definetely be more socks. The Coup De Grace- Alchemy 100%Pure Silk in Dragon 65e. I won't even say how much this cost. This yarn in so beautiful I'm almost afraid to knit it! I could just look at it and touch it forever. If I get the nerve to, I was thinking of getting some gold beads and knitting some panja (from One Skein Knits).

1 comment:

Shea said...

Hi! I found the link to where I purchased the Alan Dart, Sirdar 2101pattern. It's http://www.country-yarns.com

I don't know if they still have it though. Good luck!